At some point or another we all have wanted to change the way we look. Weight loss is a frequent visitor to that list of changes. This article helps you to incorporate everyday events into your life to make weight loss a reality. From being active to treating yourself, you can set yourself up for success and enjoyment for your life.
Tips for weight loss
It is through small changes that great things happen in terms of weight loss. I wanted to reduce weight during my sophomore year in college. Through making small changes and then large changes I was able to lose twenty pounds. The following are some of the things I did to lose the weight.
Walking or running everywhere possible
I walked everywhere to help with weight loss. Parking further away, going up stairs, I always carry my walkman for motivation. One of the best times to take a walk is right after dinner. It sets the mood for the rest of the night. You will be more productive and burn more calories to help in weight loss and suppress your appetite. Your evening will also be very enjoyable. This is so much better than sitting around watching television. Take a friend or your special someone and get walking. Recruit them to your weight loss plan. Focus on enjoying nature, talking with your friend and feeling the air. It will make you look forward to walking every day.
The art of treating yourself to aid in weight loss
- Set up small goals for your weight loss plan. For example, record everything in a food journal everyday for two weeks. If the goal is completed get a pedicure. (Always ensure that you get the attention you need. Buy nice lotion or wear flattering clothes to help you feel confident; it will make a world of difference).
- Instead of eating treats everyday, pick a special day of the week and make your favorite treat. Make sure to give away the majority of your treats to family and friends. This will satisfy your sweet tooth and help you say no to treats during the week; aiding in more weight loss. (Your friends will also be excited by your generosity).
- Keep a daily log of your workouts and weight loss. The length of time you spent and what you did is also important. After three weeks, treat yourself to a new book or movie. Whatever makes you happy besides food! This will keep you satisfied and you will be taking care of yourself, which results in more self control and permanent weight loss.
Other tips for weight loss
- Drink a lot of water. It will help you feel full and prevent overeating. You will not be dehydrated and it will help your body lose the excess weight. Your skin will be softer and healthier, and your digestive system will run smoother.
- If you love to eat out at restaurants, don’t stop just because of your new weight loss plan. The key here is portions. Either share the meal with a friend or ask the waiter to put half of your meal in a to-go box. If you want, ask for the children’s meal. Another thing you can do to help achieve weight loss is order from the low fat menu.
- No matter how much you diet you will not have a huge change in weight loss if you are not exercising. This also goes either way. Many times if people are exercising they think it is not as important to eat right. If you are not doing both you will not receive as much benefits, weight loss or definition to your body.
- At first you might feel worse, but after a couple of weeks of working out you will be in better condition, have more energy and experience weight loss.
- When you are first starting to both exercise and diet, your weight loss will be more in the beginning and then you might reach a point where it becomes harder to experience weight loss. Don’t break your habits; it may be slower, but you will still lose weight and stay trim.